Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gardener's Blog

I have recently been checking out this fun blog called Kitchen Gardeners International. It has a lot of great advice and numerous links to other resources. It includes contributions from Barbara Damrosch, author of The Garden Primer--one of my favorite reference books for home gardening. The site is also advocating for the Obamas to plant a victory garden on the White House lawn in their first 100 days, something mentioned in a previous post as an issue that Alice Waters promoted during the inauguration festivities.

My grandmother sent me a book that she'd saved since World War 2 about how to grow your own victory garden, and it is pretty cool. It is practically falling apart so I don't want to use it too much, but I'll see if I can get a good picture of the cover to post here.

No comments: