Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Promised Land, Week 2, May 28

So I guess there are three of us doing Promised Land, but when Porter Farms starts, I'll be posting about them, as well. This is for the Thursday pick-up in the city. I think it varies somewhat from the Tuesday pick-up in Amherst. For one, in Amherst you pick up the veggies from a school bus and can talk to someone from the farm about the veggies. Thursdays it's just a pile of boxes in the back office of MAP.

This is a catch-up post because I lost the cable for my camera and couldn't transfer the pictures.

The second week of Promised Land was a head of blushed butter oak lettuce, asparagus, baby bok choy, and radishes.

I made a salad with the lettuce and radishes and I am looking forward to an asparagus and bok choy stir fry with soba noodles (not very local).

No comments: