Saturday, June 25, 2011

Elmwood Bidwell Farmers Market

The market was alive and well today with more vendors than I have seen lately.

Queen Anne's cherries (the golden and red ones) are in! There are lettuces everywhere. I picked up some Japanese turnips that looked positively amazing. I had never had turnips until my Porter Farms farm share and they are just lovely - so smooth and silky when they are cooked. I've never had them raw but folks at the farmers market were discussing how good they are raw.

White Cow Dairy, which has many seasonal flavors, was showcasing rhubarb, rhuberry, lemonberry and mintberry in addition to some other regular flavors. They also had cheese and quark samples.

I also bought pasta from Pasta Peddler and some maple to take as gifts on a trip next week.

No comments: