Monday, February 16, 2009

CSA Commitment

Yes, two posts in one day. Trying to make up for my severe lack of posting lately.

Dan and I finally took the plunge. We bought a share in the Promised Land CSA, and I am excited about it. I am looking forward to a summer of trying new vegetables and experiencing firsthand how a CSA works. I think Whitney was a shareholder of Promised Land last year, and I do remember her saying it was a lot of produce for two people, so we may have to start learning our canning and preserving skills right away!! Dan is more nervous than I am about it--he thinks it is going to be a lot of work, especially for two people who have been relative veggie-phobes for so long (not that we don't like our veggies, just that we usually don't stray from a few reliable favorites). I look at it as an exciting food adventure--and it will help me meet my New Year's Resolution of trying one new fruit or vegetable each month (last month it was Forelle pears--okay but not great. This month I tried beets but I think I actually had them once before and they were not fresh so I don't think that counts.)

No comments: