Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our CSA Has Begun!

Today was the first day that my CSA offered produce for pickup. I am a shareholder with Promised Land (the Oles). Whitney was a shareholder last year, and has re-upped for this year as well. This is my first experience with a CSA and I am very excited.

So, now I have two pounds of asparagus, a bunch of green onions, a lot of rhubarb, and a cob of real popcorn. Looks like I will be making pie and risotto this weekend. I'll save the popcorn for football season.

Also, I just want to say thanks to everyone for your patience while posting has been light here at Locavore. All of us have been just swamped with work and finishing school and other essential things that had to take priority. We all just got together to talk about features we want to focus on for the future and I think I can safely say that we have a renewed focus and are ready to get back in the blogging groove.

No comments: