Thursday, May 5, 2011

Five Points Bakery

Last fall, Buffalo First coupon in hand, I decided to sign up for a breadshare from Five Points on Rhode Island. The wheat is all local and the other ingredients are as well.

FPB has really organized their share in a consumer friendly way...you can pick from a list of breads and baked goods and have the same thing every week or change it constantly. I pretty much stick with the Multi-grain. I love it so much. There is just something so wholesome about having a fat slice of toast with jam for breakfast instead of boxed cereal. I feel like I'm doing something special or decadent.

I tried the 100% Whole Wheat and the sourdough ciabatta. The ciabatta is good, very soft, especially for 100% whole grain, and lighter than the multigrain. We can eat it in a day or two whereas the multigrain lasts us all week. It's also quite sour.

Another reason I was sticking with multigrain is that it's one of their only vegan breads. However, seeing as I have re-committed myself to this blog, I will try all the breads so I can report back.

Oh, the cinnamon rolls, fresh (not frozen) are incredible. They're also 100% whole grain and frosted and delicious. They fill you up like whole grain and have a pit of a wheaty taste in the background, but are quite good...much more cinnamon roll like than I expected for a whole wheat dough.

The last time I went in, I saw they had two different rye breads. I love rye and can't wait to try them.

No comments: